Time to check in on my progress, yes? I’ve been refocused for three whole weeks and I’m 16 days into my May Goals. So this is where we are, and by we I mean me and the inner me who loves salty snacks and being lazy.
- I’m down 6 pounds in 3 weeks. That was the original goal, 2 pounds per week, but I’m not thrilled. I had hoped to have made more progress. I suspect Panda Express and Happy Hour might have had something to do with that. Not to be confused with happy hour at Panda Express which would be a dream come true. Anyway, six down, 20 to go before the big anniversary trip.
- I’ve been mostly back on track with Weight Watchers. Mostly. I do a good job of tracking the main stuff, it’s the snacks that are killing me. I, like the children I made, have a strong love of Goldfish crackers. I’m trying to redirect to snacking on vegetables, because that’s a mature and grown up choice. But I like carbs better. Baby steps. Baby steps for Baby Fat.
- I’ve only not brought my lunch to work once in the last three weeks. So my bank account says, “Thanks girl.” And to that I say, “I got you homie.”
- Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. Okay we are on day 21 and have skipped two days total. Not ideal, not terrible. One skip day was due to my belief I was going to die of the plague or whatever ailment was afflicting me. Good news is that I didn’t die. Better news is that I haven’t lost my flair for the dramatic. The other day we skipped I just didn’t want to do it…so how is that for an honest excuse? (<—that way of thinking is what got me in this mess in the first place).
- And finally my no shopping…I fell short. I have done SO well ignoring all the amazing sales and deals. But I was caught in a moment of weakness with a huge Nike sale. $130 shoes for $60…I couldn’t turn away. I justified this with my struggle with numb feet, blah, blah, blah. I’m very good at convincing myself of things. Blessing and curse.
Overall, I’d give myself a B- at midterms, room for a improvement but an A is still within reach. I’m on track with exercise and the like. I’ve talked as many people as possible into doing Cyclebar with me, so I’m waiting for that kickback any day. It’s the eating healthy that’s needing a little more commitment. I’m in search of healthy snacks, throw them at me if you’ve got ’em.
Wish me luck as I finish up this semester!