We recently returned from a quick vacation to Arizona, the Valley of the Sun as the natives and midwesterners who moved there to avoid snow call it. Whatever the opposite of a cleanse is, that’s what our vacation was. A mess? A dirty? We fully participated in a master mess.
So upon returning 3 lbs. heavier and a recent consumer of all of the sodium available, we buckled down and set some short and long term goals. I’m putting them here so we can all rejoice when I reach them. Or we can hit delete and pretend they never existed. Fate of this blog post is yet to be determined…
Short-Term Goals for the month of May:
- Only eat out once a week. This shouldn’t be TOO hard, as I’m not a big fast food or restaurant person, but I am positive my waistline and wallet will both benefit.
- Jillian Michaels every day for 30 days. I love Jillian. I hated her at first, but I’ve grown to love and appreciate her. I also turn the volume down and believe me: game-changer. Here is me and Jillian…she’s going to inspire me to stop eating so much cheese.
- And one last goal focused on my financial health, no shopping for a month. Relax, ain’t no way I’m going minimalistic. Just want to go off the grid for 30 days and say no to the sales at Banana Republic tempting me in my inbox.
- As of my Tuesday morning weigh in, I have officially 51 pounds to lose. I think when I started this blog I had 46, so that is a great sign! Anyway, I’ve learned it’s easier to achieve small chunks than just focus on the final amount. So I sat down and calculated out that I have 13 weeks until Husband and I take a cruise to Greece for our 10th anniversary. If I can average 2 lbs a week for 13 weeks, I will be down 26 by our cruise and halfway to my goal. So, 26 pounds by the end of July. That’s the focus.
- And that means back to Weight Watchers. Which means entering food that I know is high in points instead of pretending like I didn’t just consume 10 points worth of beer or chili cheese Fritos. Accountability is the worst.
So that’s it. This blog is boring, I know that…but they can’t all be winners. Or can they? Goal #6: make every blog a winner. Starting tomorrow.